Our Club Water Safety Advisors take the lead in promoting safe practices to ensure rowing at Trentham Boat Club is as safe and enjoyable as possible. If you have any safety related queries, feel free to reach out to our Safety Advisors – details of which are below:
Assistant Club Water Safety Advisor
Although none of us wants to be governed by rules and regulations, SAFETY has always got to be our number one priority. If we all stay safe, then we should all keep enjoying rowing on Trentham Lake, the sport that we love in a location that we love.
- It is the responsibility of all club members to be aware of & abide by Club Rules. TBClub Rules Jan 2017 and also be aware of British Rowing’s Comprehensive Safety Guide “Rowsafe”.
- Anyone rowing on the lake must have completed a Membership Form in advance of going on the water. All rowers should be logged in the Log Book for each outing on the water.
- New memberships (beginners and experienced rowers) will be classed as probationary for the first 3 months. Trentham Boat Club reserves the right to request references and/or to apply for a DBS check for any members. Any unacceptable behaviour as deemed by the Committee may result in membership cancellation, as per Trentham Boat Club Constitution.
- It is the responsibility of every member of the Club to ensure the Boathouse is kept clean, safe & secure for the benefit of all.
- We want all members to feel welcomed and cared for whilst at Trentham Boat Club. But if you have any concerns, don’t keep quiet – talk to your Captain, Welfare Officer or to any of the Committee.
Trentham Boat Club Water Safety Policy
Below is the Main Safety Document, it is important that all members ensure they make themselves fully aware of the details, refresh their awareness on a regular basis and raise any queries or concerns with the CWSA.